Hey Guys. I know it has been awhile. I've taken the time to compile ideas for a fresh direction for the group. Here is what we have so far. I'm currently working out details in the backroom, but I wanted to let you guys know your ideas have been noted and we are looking into them. We have not forgotten you all
We will be putting up a "Help Wanted" for new Admins soon. But this is for serious inquiries only.
Prompts will be staying, we are just figuring out what angle to work them with. So far we are thinking of having the prompt be on a bi-weekly basis, with features at the end. Not sure if it'll be for all participants, or if we will have people vote again. I think perhaps we can meet somewhere in the middle and have everyone have the piece they entered into the prompt be apart of the feature...but the winner will have a full feature, with points. That sort of thing.
We will also be doing a DD/DLR type of feature weekly or bi-weekly feature where members can send in suggestions to the group for prose or poetry, and we do a feature with those suggestions (or our own picks from the gallery) More details on this soon.
1. Our "How To"/Scratching Post. People DID like it, but it kind of didn't take off because we didn't have consistent posting. I think if we had it enough where it would be every other month, that would be just fine. It doesn't have to be a long and winding tutorial. I think having some that are shorter also helps keep people from being overwhelmed. Or having a long tutorial, come in parts. I think interaction is the key to all of this. So that people don't just read it and bail. I think whenever we do a tutorial, maybe we can have it be like...
Tutorial for this month is: Haiku
Comment in the journal with your best haiku based on the tutorial with this theme. The best three (or any however many) will win a feature (or something small)
2. I was also thinking of doing something like...for poetry: I'd post a poem and then i'll leave the option open for one day, for people to comment in the journals with their version of my poem (or maybe it has to be the opposite of mine) and a favorite is chosen
3. For prose. I think, if we want it to be a quick thing...something in the comments...make it be about titles or summaries. Maybe POST a story from the gallery and then you have a day to post in the comments section a different title for the story you think suits it best. A favorite is chosen. We can also have them make a summary for that story, and it can't be longer than 1 paragraph.Again, a favorite is chosen.
4. Chain Stories. Someone in the group suggested this. It may help us reach our to the prose section. I am only a poet so I am terrible at coming up with prose related things
5.Collab Workshop? I think some kind of workshop about collaboration may be something fun and interactive. I tried that with the last workshop briefly, but I'm not sure if it was enough to keep people interested. Maybe I need to go about it a different way.
6. Some people want me to bring back the Workshop I was trying to do a few months ago. It was a Mentorship type program. I also want to kind of bring that back because it's something that is interactive and awesome but we had low attendance. Perhaps we should have people sign up to be teachers, and then a roster for students. And then have either teachers pick their students, or vice versa? Then maybe have a series of sessions where each week or so, the teacher comes up with a lesson plan that the student follows. How they choose to keep communication is between them but they must "check in" by replying to the check in journals each week or so, etc. We can work in some sort of competition at the end maybe.
So that's what I have so far. If you have any additional ideas, feel free to mention them here.
Oh. I know we lost Super Group status. I intend on bringing it back ONCE we have some things settled, to roll out as test runs. No point in paying actual money on something we won't use right away lol So it'll be normal group status for a little bit.